Monday 25 June 2012

Shellac and OPI long lasting polish

I am a devout nail nibbler, and life just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't.  So when the need calls to look a tidier nail version of my normal self, I always turn to the wonder that is Shellac polishes.  They just have such an abundance of glorious colours and it lasts so long.  My longest to date has been two and a half weeks chip free!  (Not carbohydrate chip free, just nail chip free).  Some of the colours seem to last better than others, in particular the newer ones like Asphalt and Rubble (if they need a new person to name the colours, I am available).  The paler ones less so.  Perhaps, it is that I am more aware when they are painted a 'colour' and am more careful - or maybe the actual Shellac is slightly different.  My only complaint, is that it does seem to completely knacker my natural nails.  I have read a gazillion blogs and forums about this, and all say that provided the Shellac is removed properly, blah blah!  I definitely have it removed properly and I oil my nail bed, use hand cream etc etc - but my nails still suffer.

The OPI new long lasting polish which is a direct competition and applied almost exactly the same as the Shellac - seems to have a more watery consistency, and isn't so 'gloopy' and doesn't make my nails curl up and die on it's removal.  I definitely prefer the OPI as it seems kinder - but I don't like the watery quality and so far the colours are a little meh.

I shall persevere with the Shellac but will always make sure I give my nails a product-free holiday in between polishes.  Which is a shame, because then I start nibbling again........  It's never straightforward is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment